National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW) begins April 22 – 28, 2018. Currently 7.3 million Americans are facing infertility, no matter what race, religion, sexuality or economic status you are, infertility doesn’t discriminate. Anyone can be challenged to have a family. All throughout NIAW, we will unite millions of Americans who want to remove the stigmas and barriers that stand in the way of building a family of their own.
RESOLVE, The National Infertility Association, wants to change the conversation around infertility so the public, media, insurers, healthcare professionals and lawmakers understand:
• The scope of the problem and who is struggling to build a family. (Hint: it’s not just older women who waited too long to start a family)
• There are many barriers for millions of people who struggle to build a family. These barriers include: lack of insurance coverage, out-of-pocket costs, faith and religion, sexual orientation, and state and federal laws.
• The impact of infertility is far reaching—it impacts family, friends, co-workers, and employers.
How will you #FlipTheScript?
• Share your infertility advocacy story on Facebook and Twitter. Your story alone is something that will move hearts and will allow opportunities to educate people on this disease.
• You can download official NIAW Social Media Images and get your networks to #FlipTheScript on infertility.
• Add a Twibbon to your social media profile picture.
• Post a fact about infertility or family building options in your status update.
• Share RESOLVE’s Infertility Etiquette page.
• Send messages of support to friends and family members struggling to build a family. A whisper of encouragement goes a long way for someone who is need of a lift.
• Snap a selfie and share it with your “#FlipTheScript” caption or hashtag.
• Create a Pinterest Board about your infertility journey during National Infertility Awareness Week. RHS has a NIAW 2018 board!
• Create your own National Infertility Awareness Week meme and send to RESOLVE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Create a YouTube video about your infertility journey and let RESOLVE know about it.
We hope NIAW will encourage you to begin your infertility advocacy!