Director of Nursing/Clinical Manager
Position Summary :
* Oversight of clinical department with respect to daily staffing needs, development and education of staff, and the development and maintenance of clinical policies and procedures.
* Oversight of operations for the practice’s ambulatory surgery center. Development and implementation of policies and procedures; adherence to all regulations set forth by the state, local and accrediting agencies; and oversight of ASC staffing and training.
Essential Job Functions :
* Performs responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service philosophy of RHS and ASC.
* Oversees daily clinical and ASC functions to allow for quality patient care and productivity of physicians and the healthcare team.
* Develops and maintains clinical and ASC policies and procedures and maintains appropriate communication with staff and management with regards to policies and procedures.
* Appraises and evaluates staff on a continuous basis providing feedback and guidance
* Development and oversight of clinical and ASC continuing education, new staff orientation, and training as needed.
* Participates as an active member of the management team supporting overall practice development.
* Participates actively in continuing education efforts in the field of infertility and ASC practices as appropriate for the scope of responsibility.
* Oversees clinical and ASC supplies and inventory in the most cost effective manner.
* Assesses the needs for operating room equipment and maintenance. Makes recommendations based on needs of the facility.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* At least 2 years of clinical experience in the field of OB/GYN or infertility
* At least 3 years of experience in a leadership/management role
* Must possess independent judgment and problem solving skills
* Must possess excellent organizational skills to be able to accurately perform multiple tasks with constant interruptions
* Must possess excellent communication skills necessary to interface with patients, physicians, and staff from various departments
* Able to master an electronic medical software application as pertains to job responsibilities.
* Must possess excellent computer skills in order to perform job responsibilities
* Able to maintain proficiency regarding job requirements as determined by annual assessment of job competency
* Exposure to potentially infectious human blood and body fluids
* Hours may include unanticipated extended work days, occasional work on weekends and holidays.
* Working conditions include extensive desk work, computer work and telephone calls. May also include minimal patient lifting, carrying supplies, reaching and bending as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
• OB/GYN or infertility experience. Leadership/management experience: 3 years
Required license or certification:
• Must have a valid PA RN license
• Bachelor’s Degree
Mail or fax CV and letter of interest to:
Reproductive Health Specialists
Attn: Robin Musiak
419 Rodi Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
Fax (412) 731-8399